We like to think that the site is pretty intuitive and nice to use so we haven’t laid out all the ins and outs because we would love you to explore the site and try posting your content.
Here are some answers to general questions that you might like to know. If you have a questions that we have not covered here, or you just need a bit of advice or help, please send us an email to email@example.com so that we can help you achieve the most benefit from the site.
THE GOOD STUFF
What are the benefits for Artists joining the site?
- Artist can build a profile on the site which offers a snapshot of their Art practice. Once the profile is built, Artists can share any upcoming events and exhibitions that they are involved with, as well as contacting and collaborating with other Artists and Galleries.
- Art Aviso shares a curated section of Artworks and exhibitions through their social media platforms of Artwork, exhibitions and events posted on the site.
- Having a profile on the Art Aviso site, also enables you to view Gallery submission processes, if you are looking for exhibition opportunities or if you have always wondered about how to approach a Gallery about showing your work.
- Once a profile is built your events will appear in location and event searches, so for example if a collector was looking for some exhibitions to visit in Redfern, Sydney, they could put in these details and exhibitions in the area would pop up (as well as nearby galleries).
- Collectors and ‘Art Enthusiasts’ can subscribe to the site and follow Artists and Galleries. Art Enthusiast following you will receive notifications when you post an event.
- Follow your favourite Galleries and Artists and receive notifications to your inbox if they have posted an event.
Why do Artists pay for their subscription, but Galleries and Art Enthusiasts are free?
- Art Aviso was designed to provide Artists with an amazing resource. The site aims to enable Artists to source a range of fantastic opportunities, and form valuable connections with Art Institutions and the Art audience, regardless of whether they have commercial gallery representation. The more Galleries/Art Institutions and Art enthusiasts that join the site – the greater the audience, and therefore benefit, to participating Artists. This is why we encourage the participation of these institutions by offering a free subscription.
- An Artist subscription is $48 AUD per year (if you have a promotional coupon code sometimes the 1st year is cheaper).
What are the benefits for Galleries/Art Institutions joining the site?
- There is currently no cost for Galleries/Arts Organisations to join!
- Galleries/Arts Organisations can build a profile on the site which offers a snapshot of their Arts business/organisation. Once the profile is built, Galleries can post any upcoming events and exhibitions. Art Aviso shares these events through our curated social media platforms.
- Once a profile is built your Gallery/Art Institution will appear in location and event searches, so for example if a collector was looking for some exhibitions to visit in Redfern, Sydney, they could put in these details in and galleries in the area would pop up (as well as nearby galleries).
- Collectors and ‘Art Enthusiasts’ can subscribe to the site and follow Artists and Galleries. Art Enthusiast following you, will receive notifications when you post an event.
- You can follow other Arts Organisations and receive notifications when they post news or events to the site.
- You can follow Artists you are interested in, using the site as a curatorial tool
- Art lovers, enthusiasts, collectors can follow your Gallery/Art institution and receive notifications when you post an event.
Yes, absolutely – you can register for free as an Art Enthusiast which enables you to follow your favourite Artists and Galleries/Art Institutions and receive notifications to your inbox when they post an exhibition or event, ensuring you never miss out on the good stuff.
I have registered for the site but I have not received my email notification?
- If you have waited more than a couple of minutes and your notification email has not come through then first thing is to check your Junk mail box.
- If it is not in your junk mail – send us a message – firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate for you.
Hot Tip: You can avoid your Art Aviso emails going to junk by adding the notification email (email@example.com) to your address book in mail.
I entered a coupon code but my profile account says it is going to bill me the full amount?
- The coupon code and any discount attached to it, generally relates to your first years subscription (12 months) after this time it will bill your next years subscription at the normal rate. It should look something like this:
- Trial period remaining: Expired
- Subscription start: 21 February, 2017
- Billing ($48 AUD) 21 February, 2018 (364 days)
- If you are still unsure if you are being billed the correct amount, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate for you.
- Hot Tip: You are able to opt out of the subscription before it bills you for the following year and you will receive a number of notifications before being billed.
Can I sell my Artwork on Art Aviso?
- Art Aviso is not a marketplace for Artwork and you cannot list prices, or sell work through the site. You are welcome to link to your Exhibitions and Galleries as well as your Artist website.
- If you are using images that may have been taken on a smart phone or previously saved to the Cloud, sometimes this messes up the rotation of your photos. To overcome this you can export your photo (to your desktop), change the rotation, save it and then try uploading it again. If that hasn’t worked just upload them sideways and shoot us a message at: email@example.com and we will help set things right!
SUBSCRIPTION AND PAYMENT DETAILS FOR ARTISTS
Are my payment details secure?
- Yes, we use Stripe a widely used and secure third party payment system to process your payment and log your subscription details.
How does the subscription work?
- Subscription fees for each yearly billing period are charged automatically to a subscriber’s credit or debit card on file. We send notifications when your subscription is due, which allows you time to cancel your subscription prior to the new subscription being billed, if you decide you no longer require your account.
- We use Stripe, an established payment processing service, to process payments from subscribers. Subscribers can update their credit or debit card information at any time as needed in their account settings, for example, if a card expires or in order to use a different card for future billing periods.
Does Art Aviso offer a trial period?
- Yes, all subscriptions begin with a 7 day trial period – you will not be billed until the end of the 7 day trial period and you will be notified when the trial period is coming to an end.
Can I cancel my subscription?
- You can cancel your subscription anytime during the 7 day trial period. After the 7 trial period ends you will be billed for the first year subscription, you can then cancel your subscription for the following year at any time. When the second year subscription date is getting close you will receive notifications, which allows you time to cancel your subscription prior to the new subscription being billed, if you no longer require your account.
How do I contact Organisations or Artists through Art Aviso?
- Once you are a member (ARTIST, GALLERY OR ART ENTHUSIAST) you can contact other members using the contact button which connects directly to their email. If you are an Artist wanting to enquire about submitting work to a Gallery or Art Organisation we suggest that you check what the Gallery Submission process is in their profile, and follow that specific contact suggestion.
How can I keep track of the Galleries and Artists I like ?
- You can select the Follow button in either an Artist or Gallery profile. As a member you will then receive an email notification if the Artists and Galleries you follow post an event.